Links for 28 September 2007
Friday, 28 September, 2007
- Office gossip, an essential skill: This is of interest. “If you are constantly off having coffee with a colleague, chatting in the tea room and swapping office gossip over the printer, you are not a slacker. Not at all, in fact you are likely to be a high-performing manager.”
- 7 Ways to use StumbleUpon as a Discovery Tool: great write up from Meg at Dipping into the Blogpond about how to use StumbleUpon to track down new blogs and websites.
- I need the URLs for these 142,000 blogs: no, that’s not a deceptive headline just to drive up page loads, Anthony at The Local, the Australian blogging resource, wants the URLs of Australian blogs that are hosted by Blogger, and is looking for a developer who can help him collect them. Yes, all 142,000 of them.
- Using Categories and Tags Effectively on Your Blog: this is a must read article by Michael Martin. I’ve seen blogs that have what seem like hundreds of post categories (or “subsets” as I call them here). When I migrated to WordPress a few months ago I was careful to limit the number of categories I set up. Just need to work on tag control now…
- Carnival time again! Some of my recent writings have been featured at Customer Service Carnivale, Review Bloggers Carnival, and Carnival of cinema Episode XXXVIII. Thanks for the includes!