Links for 4 October 2007
Thursday, 4 October, 2007
- Network Narcotics: “Please, no more friend requests.” Mike Walsh analyses the success of Facebook, and guess what, it’s all to do with those insidious time wasting applications, or apps, that our Facebook friends are always prompting us to download and play with. Facebook isn’t called the $5 billion waste of time for nothing!
- 12 Examples of Viral Content, And What We Can Learn From Them: speaking of viral content such Facebook apps, Melbourne content producer Skellie looks at 12 examples of viral content and the lessons bloggers can learn from them. “It is one of the most powerful ways to promote your blog or website, because the content spreads, literally, like a virus”.
- Yahoo search takes on Google: “Yahoo has retooled its online search engine to make it more helpful and engaging, joining an industrywide wave of improvements that so far… haven’t dented Google’s dominance.” So still a way to go, but getting there?
- Top 25 Web Design Blogs: ranked according to Google Pagerank, Alexa Rank, Bloglines Subscribers, and of course, Technorati Authority. While I recognise most the names, and have found a couple of new sites to subscribe to, my question is why isn’t Jeffrey Zeldman on this list?!
- The ProBlogger Birthday Bash giveaway! well how could I resist mentioning this? There’s a total of $54,000 in prizes up for grabs during the ProBlogger birthday celebrations. I’ve already entered a few giveaways but so far have won nothing… still it’s all good fun. I recommend you keep tabs on PB for the duration as contests are being announced frequently!